Thursday, January 9, 2020

Travel meals, this week.

Raise your hand if you love last-minute travel plans.

*looks around*

Actually, they're not so bad. I've gotten pretty good at adapting and packing. The hardest part of last-minute travel is planning what I'm going to eat.

(And also since I recently had Lasik, having to pull over every hour to apply eye drops.)

This week I am in a small town, in a hotel room with a mini fridge and a microwave. I decided not to bring the crock pot.

Meals have to be simple when you're in a town with a tiny Walmart grocery section and you do not have a kitchen.

Here's what I came up with:

gluten free travel salad kale ham chopped   gluten free microwave egg travel  gluten free travel tuna salad

gluten free travel menu

Breakfast: The standard microwaved scrambled eggs bit. It's getting a little routine, and this week I looked for already-boiled eggs at the grocery store, but they didn't have any. I also picked up an apple... and a cucumber as big as my forearm. Really.


Lunch:
Tuesday- Travel day. Packed a kale + cranberry salad with some avocado and leftover chicken on top.
Wednesday- Frozen Amy's meal, heated up in the break room microwave
Thursday- A can of soup, heated up in the break room microwave
Friday- Chopped salad with ham and crackers

Dinner:
Tuesday- Frozen Amy's meal because it was a beautiful day for a drive, but it was too long to cook.
Wednesday- Tuna salad. Because it's so easy.
Thursday- Chopped salad with ham
Friday- Travel day. Chili and cornbread from the freezer.

Snacks: Orchard Valley Harvest Antioxidant mix, plus a cutie :)

Brought from home:
Travel kit

The grocery list:
eggs
kale
salad greens
ham
cuties and apples
2 amy's frozen meals
soup
tuna salad kit
gf crackers
jug of water
wine

This weekend I'm going to Vegas and there is no mini fridge or microwave in the hotel room. Should be interesting.

No comments: