Thursday, January 9, 2020

chopped salad with ham

I've been on kind of a salad burnout lately. Salads are so boring! I'm tired of them! So I've been trying different things.

For some reason, chopping everything into little bitty pieces has made them more appetizing.

gluten free travel salad kale ham chopped

This salad, scrounged from whatever I had in the hotel fridge, was really good!

Chop into little pieces:
3 pieces of kale, torn from the stalk
1 big handful of spinach/baby spring mix
1 little pouch of Orchard Valley Harvest antioxidant mix, pounded with the bottom of a wine bottle to get little pieces
Some of the giant cucumber I picked up at the store
2 slices of ham

Put the lid on the container, shake it all up, and you've got yourself a yummy salad. I put half of it into another container and drizzled it with olive oil for dinner and ate it with some veggie straws. I saved the other half for lunch tomorrow.

No comments: