Friday, January 17, 2020

travel meals without a fridge or microwave

I think it's really annoying that our hotel room in Vegas didn't have a mini fridge or microwave. Sure, I could request that they clean out the mini bar for a fee, but I think that's ridiculous.

So, I adapted! I bought a cooler and filled it with ice from the ice machine. I can live like that for a couple of days.

Here's how I survived:

Breakfast: boiled eggs, fruit, chopped veggies, and room service coffee (I won't pay the fee to use the minibar, but I will spend an absurd amount of money to have coffee delivered to my room so I can enjoy it in my bathrobe)

hotel travel breakfast gluten free

Lunch:
-Meat roll ups (lunchmeat, salad greens, avocado, mustard, mayo rolled up into little burritos), plus veggies and crackers

Dinner:
-Tuna salad
-Meat roll ups with hummus and veggies
-The Good Kitchen frozen dinner (I was at my brother's apartment and was able to use a microwave.)

Snacks: GF pretzels + peanut butter, nuts, larabars, cuties, apples. Basically anything I could stuff into my purse.

As always, I brought my travel kit, tucked into my checked bag.

For reference, the grocery list:
boiled eggs
cuties
apples
salad greens
avocado
baby carrots
cucumber
individual hummus
mayo
mustard
mixed nuts
lunchmeat
pretzels
crackers
tuna salad kit
individual peanut butters
wine
water bottles
sandwich bags
cooler

No comments: