Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Kale quinoa salad

This year, for my man's family Christmas, in an effort to decrease the stress, he catered BBQ. Yes, the BBQ place has a gluten free menu, and I've eaten there before with no problems, but I also wanted something absolutely safe to eat.

There were quite a few vegetarians and vegans in attendance, so I wanted to at least bring a side that would meet their needs. Us folks with dietary restrictions gotta stick together! We joked that amongst the meat and potatoes and beans, it was the only green thing on the table. I think it was very pretty!

gluten free vegan kale salad cranberry almond quinoa

Kale and Quinoa salad

You can really toss in any veggies that are in the fridge. I used:

chopped kale
chopped fresh cranberries
chopped purple cabbage
1 can of black beans, rinsed
sliced almonds
cooked quinoa, cooled
salt + pepper
olive oil
juice from 1 lemon

Stick it all in a bowl, place a lid on it, and shake it around.

There were no leftovers, but I made another batch and ate it with some chicken a couple of days later. Yum.

No comments: