Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Travel meals, this week

Do you remember when I said that I might be done traveling for the year?
I was wrong. One more week, and THEN I get some time in my own bed, with my cat, with my man, with my family, with friends.

This week has been lonely, probably because it's so close to the holidays and everyone is having fun back at home without me. Such is life, sometimes.

I booked a hotel room with a kitchen this time, which makes life so much easier.

Here's what I'm eating:

Breakfast: Eggs and kale, with avocado. Plus fruit and cucumber slices.

Lunch: I am forcing myself to eat veggies, since I've been happily grazing on cookies and potato chips for the last few weeks. So I'll have salads on salads on salads.

Monday- Travel day. Packed a salad with any veggies and a leftover burger patty on top, to clean out the fridge. Didn't get to eat it until 4pm.
Tuesday- Salad with no meat because my feet hurt at the grocery store the night before.
Wednesday- Salad greens with leftover chicken and veggies on top
Thursday- Same thing as the day before.
Friday- Travel day. Snacky lunch of pretzels and an apple.

Dinner:
Monday- Long day. I originally planned to have an Amy's frozen dinner but since I had lunch so late, I snacked on pretzels and and apple.
Tuesday- Chicken and veggies
Wednesday- Pasta with meat sauce
Thursday- Leftovers
Friday- Back at home! Dinner at my nephew's birthday party, so I'll probably pick up an Amy's frozen dinner.

Snacks: GF Pretzels + peanut butter from the hotel breakfast, apples, larabars

For reference, the grocery list:
Amy's frozen dinner
Eggs
Kale
Salad greens
Avocado
Fruit
Pretzels
Chicken thighs
Frozen broccoli
Frozen peas
GF Pasta
Spaghetti sauce
Larabars
Prunes
Wine
Water

Bring from home:
Travel kit
Seasonings for chicken
Garlic
Frozen chopped green pepper

No comments: