Thursday, December 5, 2019

travel meals, this week

Ok folks. This might be my last week traveling this year! I packed my crock pot and had time to plan a menu beforehand, so here's what I'm eating:


(Making gluten free travel meals look good)

Breakfast: scrambled eggs with ham and kale. Plus oranges and carrots

Lunches: There was no microwave onsite, so I had to make cold lunches.

Monday- Travel day. Stopped at a gas station and got an EPIC bar and little packet of almonds. Ate that with an apple I brought from home. I was pretty hungry when it got to dinner time.
Tuesday- Salad with shrimp and edamame
Wednesday- Kale salad with edamame, carrots, and ham
Thursday- Wednesday lunch on repeat
Friday- Travel day. Meat roll ups with the last of the ham and kale, plus a carrot.

Dinners:
Monday- Salad with shrimp and edamame
Tuesday- Crock pot beef + a baked sweet potato
Wednesday- Chili and cornbread, brought frozen from home
Thursday- Leftovers from Tuesday.
Friday- At home, stir fry

Snacks: Apples + nuts

For reference, the grocery list:
eggs
kale
spring salad mix
bell pepper
sweet potato
lime
oranges
carrots
apples
stew beef
frozen cooked shrimp
ham lunchmeat
frozen edamame
nuts

Bring from home:
travel kit
crock pot + liner
seasonings for the beef (bay leaf, Worcestershire sauce, garlic)
frozen chili and cornbread
chopped celery

No comments: