Sunday, November 3, 2019

simple stir fry

I ate a sensible breakfast today.

Then, I went over to my sister's house to hang out with her and her cute nugget offspring, and also I was watching my man's dog, who likes playing with their dog, and everybody had a great time. It was especially joyful for me because my (previously nonverbal) youngest nephew kept saying, "Hi Aunt Nen!" every time he saw me, and the oldest was making pretend youtube videos that were so funny, and I miss hanging out with my sister and talking about nothing/everything.

Naturally, for lunch I had two kinds of chips and some popcorn. It was all delicious and I regret nothing.

However, this evening when I got home at around 8:30, I was ravenous and craving real food, except, as usual, I have nothing in the fridge because I'm always traveling.

Usually in this case I'll grab freezer food or heat up a can of soup, but sometimes I make a stir fry.

quick gluten free sitr fry vegetarian

This was heavy on the ginger, light on the soy sauce, and in my belly in less than 30 minutes.

Stir fry:

Put a pan on the stove, and turn the heat to medium.
Drizzle in some olive oil. Add a little bit of onion, plus any veggies you have in the freezer or fridge. I had broccoli and carrots and cauliflower rice.

Let that heat up for a minute. Add fresh grated ginger (I keep a peeled root in the freezer and grate it as needed) and some pepper. After a few minutes, create some space in the middle of the pan and crack an egg in it. Put a lid on and let it cook until the egg is done to your liking.

Dump everything in a bowl with a drizzle of sesame oil (which is necessary) and GF soy sauce.

Quick, simple, and delicious.

No comments: