Sunday, December 1, 2019

gf birthday cake

I quietly turned 35 yesterday. I spent the day relaxing, without any fanfare, and it was pretty great.

When my brother and sister-in-law found out that I didn't have a birthday cake, they went to two different stores to find me one. Isn't that sweet?


We didn't even take it out of the grocery bag before lighting the candles, lol. 

It was delicious. So delicious that we each had a small piece, then we each got another small piece, and then I ate another small piece.

I sent the rest home with them so I wouldn't continue to stuff my face. My niece-in-utero could use the calories, right??

I would have simply gone without a birthday cake if it wasn't for them. It's so great that things like this exist, and I'm grateful that they went to the trouble to search for a gluten free cake for me.

Feeling very loved. 

No comments: