Thursday, May 7, 2009

Soy Dream Mocha Fudge

picture links to product website

I wanted ice cream last night, so I went to Whole Foods. I really wanted to try the Purely Decadent Key Lime Pie flavor that I saw last time, but it was *gasp* ALL GONE! There was the tag on the shelf, all empty. Someone really likes that stuff.

So, I hung out in front of the non-dairy ice cream section for a while in my cute green dress with pockets, comparing prices, flavors, and ingredients. I ended up coming home with the Soy Dream Mocha Fudge.

After the first bite, I could tell it was soy ice cream. The ice cream is creamy-ish, with a hint of ice-crystal texture. The mocha flavor was subtle, but good. I've had ice creams where the mocha flavor is way too smack-you-in-the-face. The fudge swirls were chocolatey, but I wish they were gooey-er and I wish there were more of them.

I started eating it, and the next thing I knew, it was all gone. I guess it wasn't that bad.

I obviously finished the rest. But would I buy it again? Maybe. I'd probably try different flavors first though.

No comments: