Saturday, June 28, 2008

Lemon Sugar Cookies


Taking these to a BBQ/ pool party. I ate about 10 of them.

Lemon Sugar Cookies

1/2 c. butter, room temp
2/3 c. sugar
1 egg
1 t. lemon flavor
1/2 c. potato starch
1/4 c. rice flour
2/3 c. cornstarch
1/2 t. salt
1 t. xanthan gum
1 t. baking powder
1/4 t. baking soda
3/4 c. milk

Cream butter & sugar. Add egg and lemon flavoring. Mix. Add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix. Mix in milk.

Place on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 for about 10 minutes. I made mine bite-sized with a pastry bag (or a hole cut in a plastic baggie). They don't spread much as they bake, so they can be placed fairly close together.

These cookies are not too sweet, so if you like a sweeter cookie (like me!), add some icing.

2 comments:

Jolynn B said...

Mmmmm! I look foward to trying these out! But, first I'm going to try your cracker recipe. That is why I found you. I was googleing gf saltine crackers.
Your welcome to come to my site and see if there are any recipes you would like. I haven't been updating lately, but I've put up most of my favorite recipes.

Anonymous said...

OMG..these things are freakin' delicious!