Thursday, January 14, 2016

Salmon and broccoli quinoa

This was good. Like really good. Like I'm sitting there eating it going OMG this is SO GOOD and I look over at hubs and he's like, Yeah it's good. And I'm like, NO. THIS IS REALLY GOOD.

The point is, it's good. I was amazed. Chris was less amazed but agreed it was good. I snapped a quick mid-eat picture. Yes, we ate off the coffee table that night.


I found this recipe by searching "salmon" on Pinterest and this was the first result. Brown Sugar Spiced Salmon. Super easy, super quick, and super delicious.

Brown Sugar Spiced Salmon

1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon chile powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Four 8-ounce salmon fillets

Mix the ingredients and spoon over the salmon.
Bake at 400 for 10-15 minutes or until the inside reads 145 F.


The only change I'd  make is to cut the sugar in half. It was a bit much, especially since we're trying to dial back on sugar and dial up on veggies.

Speaking of veggies, the broccoli quinoa I made went perfectly with the salmon.
Just cook quinoa with a clove of chopped garlic and add in chopped frozen broccoli.

No comments: