Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Clever leftovers: Chicken Salad

We always have a lot of leftover chicken around here. I simply can't seem to cook a normal amount of chicken. It's always got to be a ton. It's kind of like spaghetti.

Which is why I have another edition of Clever Leftovers, Featuring: Chicken!


This particular leftover chicken was some chicken breasts + rosemary + garlic in a crock pot with a bit of water. Served with carrots and potatoes for dinner yesterday.

The cold leftover chicken (and a few of the carrots) got tossed into a bowl, with:
  • 1/2 sad zucchini, shredded
  • pickle relish
  • halved cherry tomatoes
  • mayo
  • salt and pepper
  • celery
Stir together and serve. My original plan was to serve with lettuce inception-style (chicken salad salad), but the lettuce I bought Saturday was already slimy by today. The never-ending frustration with fresh produce. Sometimes salad greens last for weeks, sometimes they last for 3 days.

So, I ate it with some GF organic Tostito's scoops. In fact, we're going to a BYOSnack neighborhood night out party this weekend and I think I'm going to bring [a fresh batch of] chicken salad scooped into those. Fancy.

No comments: