Sunday, September 6, 2015

This week's menu


Things have been weird for us lately. I'm waiting on a response that could seriously change my daily life. School has started for Chris, and he's settling into that groove. The weather is ever-so-slightly tilting away from sweltering and towards pumpkin spice, but it's still hanging onto the humidity for dear life.

I wake up every day determined to make a change for the better, with all its intimidations and anxieties. Makes for some longg days, as there's only so much you can do while waiting for someone else to help make that decision.

Food wise:
There's still a ton of food in the freezer, so this week I'll be creatively trying to use it all.
Leftover chicken goes into a pot pie
Leftover beans go into quesadillas
Leftover soup (that I initially forgot to season) will either be chili-like or tortilla-soup-like, depending on which way I season. Horray for scrap meals!


Monday- We'll probably be eating the food mom sent us home with yesterday. Burgers and beans and, if anyone needs me, I'll be hoarding the potato salad all to myself.
Tuesday- Chicken Pot Pies
Wednesday- Pinto bean quesadillas
Thursday- Black bean and quinoa chili leftovers
Friday- Shrimp and grits

No comments: