Saturday, November 15, 2008

mom strikes again- brownies

gluten free brownies
After watching me lift the lid on the candy jar and ask, "Do we have any chocolate?" for the umpteenth time this week, my mom stole my flour mix and made brownies.

I must admit, I was skeptical. All of my attempts at brownies have been just, eh. They're either too fudgy or too cakey or too crumbly or... I could go on and on. I'm more partial to the fudgy kind myself.

These- don't look, taste, smell, or feel gluten free. They remind me of the brownies I always ate as a kid, and are a perfect mix between cakey and fudgy. I was very pleasantly surprised at how good these were- and promptly stole half the pan to hoard. So, this is this choco-holic's very first brownie post- made by madre, from the recipe on the back of the Nestle cocoa container!

1 2/3 c. sugar
3/4 cup melted butter
2 T. water
2 eggs
2 t. vanilla
1 1/3 c. flour mix
3/4 c. cocoa
1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
3/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

I advised her to deviate from the label's directions a bit and mix the cocoa with the hot water and melted butter. It helps the chocolate taste come out. That was mixed with the sugar, then the eggs and vanilla were stirred in. The dry ingredients were combined, then added to the wet. The nuts were stirred in, and it was baked at 350 in a 13x9 for 18-25 minutes.

Further evidence that my mom rocks.

gluten free brownies

click on the pictures for bigger views.
and prepare to drool.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Mmm, those look really good!