Saturday, May 3, 2008

Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies















I made these for a friend's birthday because I don't have any money, but I do have a kitchen!

I'm the only person I know who doesn't really care for chocolate chip cookies, but they taste to me like they always have, which is good I guess! I hope she likes them!

Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 c. softened butter
1 egg, beaten slightly
1 T. vanilla
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. sugar
half a bag of chocolate chips
1/4 c. rice flour
1/4 c. tapioca starch
1/4 c. sorghum flour
1/4 c. soy flour
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. cream of tartar
1/2 t. xanthan gum
1/4 t. salt

Cream the butter and sugars. Add the egg and vanilla. Stir in the chocolate chips. In a seperate bowl, mix everything else. Add the dry to the wet ingredients and stir. Bake at 375 for 10 minutes or so, until they're browned slightly. As with most chocolate chip cookie recipes, they spread out, so leave some room between spoonfuls. Makes about 1 1/2 dozen cookies.

No comments: