Sunday, May 11, 2008

Chex Mix!















If you haven't heard that Rice Chex is now gluten free, here's your news flash. As cereals go I am more fond of the Corn Chex because I think it has a better flavor, but it's not GF. Hopefully that's next! But. Rice Chex is good for the muddie buddies and chex mixes. Also very portable for those emergency snack attacks!

Rice Chex

3 T. butter
1 T. wors. sauce (YOU try spelling it correctly)
1 T. honey
1/4 t. onion powder
1/4 t. garlic powder
(the original recipe calls for seasoned salt but I think it's so salty on it's own I don't add it.)
4 1/2 cups rice chex
1/2 c. mixed nuts
1/2 c. pretzels (I added popcorn)
1/2 c. bagel chips (didn't have any so I omitted)

Melt the butter in a 13x9 pan in a 250 oven. Stir in the seasonings, then add the other stuff and coat it all. Bake it for 45 minuts, stirring every 15. Let it cool on paper towels.

Yum!

No comments: