Saturday, September 28, 2019

Pumpkin carrot muffins

I'm not sure how these muffins happened.

gluten free pumpkin carrot muffin

I woke up, headed creakily into the kitchen, and before I even had a few sips of coffee, my subconscious had taken over and the next thing I knew, I was looking at this:


I'm so glad my sleepy autopilot brain knows how to make muffins, because by the time I was ready for my second cup of coffee, these were ready to come out of the oven. And they are delightful.

Pumpkin Carrot Muffins

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Mix in a bowl:
1/2 c. gf flour mix
1/2 c. almond flour
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice*

Mix in another bowl:
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 T. light olive oil
1/2 c. pumpkin puree
1 c. shredded carrot

Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and scoop into a muffin tin. Top with slivered almonds and a few dried cranberries. Bake for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.

gluten free pumpkin carrot muffin

This made 5 muffins that taste like fall and have veggies in them. Win.

*[Pumpkin pie spice:]
1 t. ground cinnamon
1 t. ground ginger
1/4 t.ground nutmeg
1/4 t. ground cloves

No comments: