Thursday, October 6, 2016

crock pot salmon

A few nights ago I was wandering around Pinterest when I came across this recipe.
You know I love my crock pot recipes. Salmon in a crock pot?? Heck yeah! *PIN*


Fast forward to tonight when I got home from work absolutely over it and suggested we go out to dinner. Then hubs excitedly chose 5 Guys. Cajun french fries, while delicious, don't exactly fit into my recent healthy mindset. UGH. Plus there was plenty of food in the fridge, so I decided I'd have to cook.

Then I remembered the salmon fillets in the freezer. I hadn't thawed any, but that's what the crock pot is for. Salmon cooks quickly enough.

I followed the recipe loosely, because I used what I had on hand.

Into the crock pot I tossed:

2 4 oz (frozen) salmon fillets
1 c. water
1/4 c. red wine
1 lemon, sliced
1/4 c. chopped chives
1/4 c. chopped parsley
1 bay leaf
coarsely ground salt and pepper

Set it on high for about an hour while I sat on the couch, ate some chocolate, and took a nap.

Sides were super easy. Green beans and sauteed sweet potatoes. I added a bit of the liquid from the crock pot to deglaze the pan.

Hubs declared everything delicious. I was satisfied.

No comments: