Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Garlic Parmesan Roasted Shrimp and Asparagus Salad

I don't really know what to call this. On a basic level, it's shrimp with some vegetables. Any mixture of vegetables is called a salad by default around here. Clearly I need to up my creativity game when it comes to names.


Fresh flavors mixed with fresh vegetables earned several compliments from hubs during the meal. Even though hubs is not a picky eater, I consider it a win any time I can get compliments on a veggie-heavy meal. (Adding shrimp usually does the trick)

Surprisingly, we really love the veggie spiralizer. I didn't think we'd use it so much. The humble zucchini gets fancy with the flick of a wrist.

I used fresh sage in this dish, and the plant I have right now leans toward the lemon side of things. I've had sage plants that lean toward the pungent, sagier side of things, which is nice, but I'm really enjoying this one's milder, more versatile flavor. When paired with lemon juice, it gives this (or any) dish a depth of flavor that really makes it special.

Garlic Parmesan Roasted Shrimp and Asparagus Salad

2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 c. cooked shrimp, thawed & drained. I like the mini shrimp because you get some in every bite, effortlessly
1/4 cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese (I store mine in the freezer and use it as needed)
1/2 lemon's worth of juice
4 sprigs of fresh sage (get that spring garden growing!)
sea salt, to taste
fresh asparagus, cut into reasonable pieces

Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Transfer to a baking sheet (lined with foil, easy cleanup-style), and place in the oven on the broil setting. Broil until things start to get slightly browned and yummy-looking. Like so:


Serve over 1 raw spiralized zucchini with 2 diced tomatoes.

The AFTER shot: Yes, we dined alfresco and covered the pollen-encrusted table with an old towel. Classy.


Serves 2 with leftovers for lunch

No comments: