Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan

I must clarify: Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan-ISH*. That's what happens when I adapt recipes to be crock pot friendly. Because sometimes it's not as much about authenticity as it is about having dinner ready when I get home.

Skip the breading part because it would fall apart in the crock pot anyway, and simplify. I don't think you're ready for how easy this is:


Put in a crock pot:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 jar of spaghetti sauce

Cook on low heat all day, until you come  home from work. I've let this go for as long as 12 hours and it's totally fine.

Serve with brown rice and steamed vegetables. Dinner is done in no time, especially if you already have cooked brown rice in the freezer.

Typically chicken parmesan would also be served with mozzarella and parmesan cheese melted on top, but I was in NO mood for that extra step tonight. And you know what? The world did not implode.

*Even if Chris said it looked like some "slop he'd eaten in Afghanistan."
*Could also be described as chicken spaghetti. Go ahead, serve it over noodles.
I don't care what you call it, it's still pretty tasty.

No comments: