Sunday, June 21, 2009

evil lurking

You know how I'm big on listening to what your body is trying to tell you.

Well today my stomach was feeling fine- really great actually, then I ate a small bowl of mashed potatoes and gravy.

Bam, just like that, a few minutes later I got stomach pains. Was it the potatoes? The dairy? Cross contamination? I have been light on dairy for a while. I can usually do cheese without much trouble, but milk is no bueno. I have happily not touched the stuff in over a month. It's not like I ever liked it to begin with.

I have started eating my cereal dry, because I can't quite get used to the alternative "milks" in my cereal. My new favorite is the Cinnamon Chex. Tastes like Cinnamon Toast Crunch, which I always liked dry better than with milk too.

Anyway, there was milk in both the potatoes and the gravy, so I betcha that's what it was.

This has been another episode of playing food detective.

1 comment:

Jolynn B said...

I would bet milk too. You can try goats milk products. I loved the yogurt. Be careful, though. I thought I was ok with it, but I wasn't. I think I was so desperate that I ignored the symptoms until I couldn't anymore.