Sunday, October 5, 2008

owwww

Man. I swear, the worst part about getting glutened isn't the upset stomach. That goes away within a day.

It's these damn canker sores. I used to get them constantly, then I became gluten free and noticed that they went away. Except for when I get glutened. They last for more than a week and are excruciating at times. I got glutened almost 2 weeks ago and my body's still giving me shit for it. To make it worse, it's usually two right next to each other.

The last time I got one, it was in the back of my mouth and made the entire side of my face tender, and the pain could be felt all the way down my neck.

This time, they're in the front and I can't even rest my chin in my hand without stinging pain. In fact, any time I move my lip it's uncomfortable.

So I know I should focus on the damage to the small intestine or the stomach upset when I think about avoiding gluten, but it's really all about these stupid sores.

I've tried all sorts of remedies, and none of them seems to really work any better than the others. Does anyone else experience this when they get glutened? And what do you do to make them go away?!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I hate canker sores. I never got them from gluten, but the only thing that we would ever use to get rid of them was orajel. It worked, but I never had bad canker sores, or many.

DrewAnn said...

Growing up we always took Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) pills when we got canker sores. They cleared up much faster than they would on their own that way. Maybe that would help?