Saturday, October 25, 2008

Enchiladas- 2 ways

It's been an enchilada kind of week.

Wednesday the Man and I went over to Scott & Dayna's for dinner. Props and thanks go out to Dayna, who is super-supportive of me and makes sure when we come over for dinner it's always safe. The menu was creamy chicken enchiladas & beans. I made mine with corn tortillas in a separate pan and everything else was the same. These are not your traditional enchiladas. They're mild and have an awesome flavor. I've been craving them all week. She mentioned they'd be good with green chiles, and I agree. We ate them with salsa.

The picture is un-artistic, but I had forgotten to take one until we sat down to eat and I was hungry.

I don't know where she got the recipe, but here is how to make them:

Season some chicken with salt, pepper, and cumin. Cook it (she used the george foreman grill) and then shred it with a fork.

Mix it up with some softened cream cheese and shredded mexican-style cheese until it's a chicken-salad-like consistency. Now would be the time to add a can of green chiles.

Roll up some of the mixture in tortillas and place them in a pan. Pour some cream over the top of them, and sprinkle with more cheese. Bake them at 350 until the cheese is melty. Mmmm.

For dessert I made white chocolate macadamia nut cookies, but I want to mess with that recipe some more before I post it.

For the second enchilada option, I made cheese enchiladas tonight. Super, super easy and quick.


To make them, you take about 6 tortillas, roll some shredded cheese in them, and put them in a pan. Open a can of GF red enchilada sauce (mine was from Kroger) and pour it over them. Sprinkle with more cheese, and bake at 350 for about 15-20 minutes. I wish I had beans to mix with the filling, but I didn't. They were still tummy-filling.

Now- I need to get Missy's mom's enchilada recipe, which is the best EVER, and we'll be in total enchilada business.

No comments: