Sunday, September 28, 2008

Mac n Cheese!

This has been on the recipe pad in the back of my mind for a while now. Can you believe I have yet to make mac and cheese (that does not come from a box)?

So when ginger lemon girl posted this super easy recipe with an ammendment for a cheese sauce, I decided: it's time.


Two bowls and less than 20 minutes later [start to finish you guys], I have a happy tummy. I added 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese, but I think I will add 1 1/2 to 2 cups next time.

I also sprinkle in a bit of ground mustard, lots of pepper and a small pinch of garlic powder.

When I reheat the leftovers I'm going to throw in some tuna. I don't know why but I love tuna mixed with mac and cheese.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

you go girl!! I think I might have to make a pot of mac and cheese myself tonight... it's that kinda night! thanks for the shout out!!

Jen said...

I made this on Thursday night too! It was pretty good, I'd add more cheese next time too and season it more but otherwise it was awesome. And it was really good re-heated too!