Thursday, September 25, 2008

blahh

I feel crummy. Tired. Puffy.

I was happily munching on my Sonic M&M blast today when I suddenly tasted cinnamon. As in the cinnamon ice cream blast, which I'm pretty sure is not GF. Joy!

And I doubt my feeling crummy has anything to do with it, since I don't normally have big reactions and it was a small random piece, but still. I'm sure it didn't help.

My mom made beef stew that was AWESOME and she made sure to use my GF flour mix in it instead of regular flour. It was super nice to get home from annoying traffic and have a hot meal ready for me to savor. Okay, gobble down.

I am wondering if there's something to this "no refined carbs" kick that I see some bloggers embarking on. <-- preposition at the end of a sentence! It would be nice to not be puffy. Alas, I have no ambition for that today and I'm still having a hard time eating a balanced diet after cutting gluten. One thing at a time.

Oh-- apples are my go-to food that I always have on me, and I'm so happy that it's fall and they're starting to get crisper and sweeter.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh no. I hope that you feel better soon. Just remember that anything is possible when it comes to food. A balanced diet isn't terribly hard, you'll get there.

GF in Cleveland said...

Ugh, that's the worst. Sorry to hear you got glutened. I hope you feel better soon!

Unknown said...

As a fellow pedantic college student, I forgive you for the preposition.

That aside, care to share your favorite apple varieties? I'm completely in love with cameo apples, but I can't ever find them, and no other apple I've tried has stood up to their crispy goodness.

Anonymous said...

okay, dumb question... if you get glutened can you go back to the restaurant and complain? i'm sure if a peanut allergic ate peanuts and complained they'd hook him up. could you do that with your gluten allergy?

-dayna (learning more and more about GF life every day)