Monday, August 18, 2008

Pizza Fusion

This past weekend I went to San Diego, California and through some research I found Pizza Fusion. They serve a gluten free pizza. So, of course I went. Houston has crap for GF pizza options so I was excited to try it.

It's a very eco-friendly trendy place, located in Hilcrest and in my opinion it's a great area.

I walked in, asked about the gluten free pizza, and our waiter was very helpful. He told me the flours they used, and pointed out another girl that was there for the GF menu, eating a pizza. She heard him say that and gave me a thumbs up. Sweeet. While we were there another group came in wanting the GF pizza. Ah! My own kind! It felt great.

Now, I'm a doofus and was so mad that I forgot my camera. But, I ordered a pepperoni and it came as an oval-shaped pie, available in thin-crust only. About 10 pieces, It was great. It tasted just like any other pizza I've eaten, but I think I would have liked a thicker crust better. I wanted to give it the "next day" cold breakfast pizza verdict, but I was a doofus again and forgot my to-go box on the table. It did come with a great sticker that said, "This pizza is GF."

I did not, however, forget my chocolate brownie. The brownie was a little on the dry side, and not as sweet as I would have liked. But it was so great to walk into a restaurant and order something postively gluten free without grilling the waiter or making special requests. They actually KNEW with gluten-free meant. That right there made my whole day.

1 comment:

Bazza said...

Hello there-

Thanks for the comments about Pizza Fusion. Did you know they are coming to Houston soon?

Houston, TX - Coming Soon
118 Vintage Park Boulevard
Building G, Suite A
Houston, TX 77070