Saturday, October 26, 2019

Pumpkin veggie muffins

Today I have for you, another edition of "put as many veggies as I can into whatever I'm eating."

Inspired by the random bowls of shredded veggies in my fridge, today we get muffins, again.

These are so good, and you can't even tell there are veggies in them.

gluten free hidden veggie pumpkin muffins zucchini beet

Seriously, when I took the picture, I thought to myself, "Did I forget to put in the beets?" because they disappeared. If you look closely, you can see tiny flecks of the zucchini, but the beets, I suppose, are a secret.

Pumpkin veggie muffins

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Mix in a bowl:
1/2 c. gf flour mix
1/2 c. almond flour
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice*

Mix in another bowl:
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 T. light olive oil
1 c. pumpkin puree
1/2 c. shredded zucchini
1/2 c. shredded beet
1 t. fresh shredded ginger

Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and scoop into a muffin tin. Top with slivered almonds and a few dried cranberries. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Tip: If you're not making a full pan of muffins, and don't own a 6-muffin pan, pour a little bit of water into the empty wells. It keeps the muffins moist and prevents the pan from warping.

gluten free hidden veggie pumpkin muffins zucchini beet

*[Pumpkin pie spice:]
1 t. ground cinnamon
1 t. ground ginger
1/4 t.ground nutmeg
1/4 t. ground cloves

No comments: