Saturday, October 26, 2019

chicken stew

Hey, it's 57 degrees here! I've got all my doors and windows open and am loving this cool, fresh air. Hello, welcome cool weather, I hope you stay.

I had originally taken some chicken out of the freezer for chicken soup, but I wanted a different flavor profile today. Since I already had the oven turned on for muffins, and I ran out of crock pot liners, I decided to make some stew in the oven.

gluten free chicken stew

Chicken stew

Place in a small casserole dish:
1 boneless, skinless chicken thigh
1/4 onion, chopped
1 bay leaf
1 tsp ground thyme
1/2 potato, cubed
1 carrot, sliced
a few fresh parsley leaves
1 sprig of fresh rosemary
salt and pepper
1/4 c. water

Place the covered dish in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour. It will come out smelling like heaven.

gluten free chicken stew

I shredded the chicken a little and placed it back into the oven while it cooled, so the potatoes absorbed a lot of the herby broth.

So tasty.

No comments: