Saturday, September 16, 2017

Pumpkin Bread

It's pumpkin (spice) season! Yeah!

My little basic heart is so happy when it arrives every year. I fully support putting pumpkin into everything right now. Breakfast, sweet, savory, it doesn't matter really.

I was not looking for a pumpkin bread recipe, but this one from Minimalist Baker fell into my lap serendipitously, and of course I suddenly needed pumpkin bread.

Of course I can't follow a recipe as it's written to save my life, so I tweaked it to fit my needs.

And oh, it's gorgeous. It's pumpkiny. It's spice-y. It's that perfect spot between being moist but not soggy, and doesn't crumble. It's not too sweet and it's particularly delightful with a generous smear of butter.

gluten free pumpkin bread
Pumpkin Bread

2 eggs
1/4 c. light olive oil
1/2 c. maple syrup
1 c. pumpkin puree
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 t. salt
2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. cinnamon
2 t. pumpkin pie spice*
1/2 c. GF oats
1/2 c. almond flour
1 c. GF flour

Preheat oven to 350.
In a bowl or stand mixer, mix the wet ingredients. In another bowl, mix the dry ingredients. Mix the two together.
Pour into a greased loaf pan and top with chopped nuts. Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.

*[Pumpkin pie spice:]
1 t. ground cinnamon
1 t. ground ginger
1/4 t.ground nutmeg
1/4 t. ground cloves

No comments: