Sunday, July 5, 2015

Turkey Meatballs

... or meatloaf, or burger patties. I've made this recipe all different ways, following the same recipe but cooking it differently to fit my needs. These were supposed to be mini meatloafs today, but it was too darn hot to crank up the oven. Stovetop meatballs it is!

I love adding shredded veggies to these. Any way I can sneak in extra vegetables is an automatic win in my book.


Turkey Meatballs [or Meatloaf or Burgers]

1 pound ground turkey
2 eggs
2 handfuls of GF chex cereal, crushed.
1 shredded carrot or zucchini
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 c. GF BBQ sauce (I'm obsessed with Sweet Baby Ray's)

Mix all of the above in a bowl with your hands. Yes, your hands. Get in there and smoosh it up.

Form into patties, meatballs, or place into greased muffin tins for mini meatloaf.

Cook in a pan over medium meat or place in an oven at 350 until a meat thermometer comes out reading 170. I always use a meat thermometer with these because I haven't developed the eye for telling when ground turkey is done.

Top with extra bbq sauce because like I said, I'm obsessed.


No comments: