Saturday, June 27, 2015

This week's menu

More night shift days this week, although not quite as late. Good thing, too, because I'm not used to that. Makes planning dinner really hard, and last week we had to forego a few meals in favor of sandwiches [and a rotisserie chicken with instant mashed potatoes] because I ran out of time. What-- I put avocado on the sandwiches so they're gourmet. Lunchmeat saves the day a lot around here. The rotisserie chicken was just a genius random idea.

This week focuses on meals that are a little more leftover-friendly, because I learned that reheated shrimp stir fry is a little funky. Ya herrd?


Monday- Meatball Stroganoff with peas
Tuesday- Crock pot BBQ chicken with zucchini salad
Wednesday- Vegetable quinoa soup
Thursday- Turkey meatloaf with cheesy zucchini rice
Friday- Fish baked with olives and lemon with glazed carrots


Also it's so hot lately that I don't want to cook or eat much, so honestly I've been happy some nights with a popsicle or some watermelon. Watermelon is surprisingly filling. For like an hour.
Here's to enjoying this hot, muggy summer weekend. My neighbor gave me some aloe vera babies that I'm hoping to plant them in a place where they'll thrive. I think I already killed the Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow she gave me. Bummer.

No comments: