Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Clever leftovers: Pork Stir Fry

Here's the thing about leftovers. 99% of the time they become the next day's lunch. Which is great because I always have a great lunch. When it comes time to eat them again for dinner the next night, though, I'm pretty over it.

I try to make sure things get eaten quickly because although I follow the rule "When in doubt, throw it out," I hate to throw food away. It's a delicate balance.

Reasons why I'm always trying to re-invent leftovers...

This time it's leftover pork loin. The easiest way for me to change it up is to make a stir fry.


Ingredients:

leftover pork
assorted veggies: Peas, carrot, broccoli (whatever you've got that needs to be used up!)
sesame oil
GF soy sauce
ground or fresh ginger
sesame seeds

Heat the oil in a skillet and add the veggies. Sautee those until they're warmed. Add in the pork, and season with soy sauce and ginger. I do this by taste, depending on the seasonings that are already on the pork. The soy sauce flavor usually dominates, and the sesame oil gives it a little more authenticity as opposed to "I tried to make leftovers into a stir fry."

When everything is all nice and heated, serve over rice and top with a few sesame seeds.

This was one of those meals that when we sat down, hubs complimented me on my ability to make what he calls, "Scrap Meals."

#Win.

No comments: