Sunday, August 10, 2014

Blueberry muffins, revisited

Blueberries are on sale in the grocery store. That can only mean one thing: There are blueberries in my fridge that are about to start growing mold.

Enter: Blueberry waffles for breakfast, and Blueberry muffins this afternoon.

gluten free blueberry muffins
gluten free blueberry muffins

I've made blueberry muffins before, using this recipe, but I made them recently and they didn't turn out quite right. Not sweet enough, and too crumbly. This is possibly due to the flour blend I'm using now versus way back then. The curse of the gluten free flours has struck again.
Never fear! I fixed it!

Here's the new version that worked for me, using my preferred flour blend:

Blueberry Muffins

1 c. GF flour mix
1 1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 c. milk
2 T. light olive oil (or melted butter)
1/2 t. vanilla
1 c. fresh blueberries, rinsed and dried (or more)

Preheat oven to 350.
Mix together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
In another bowl, mix the eggs, milk, and oil.
Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir in the blueberries.
Pour the batter into muffin pans- with muffin liners or without; if not make sure you grease.
Bake 20-25 minutes. Let them cool (or you'll burn your mouth- speaking from experience here), then enjoy!

Makes 6 muffins.

No comments: