Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Clever leftovers: Greek Yogurt

I've got half a container of greek yogurt sitting in my fridge.

I don't know about you, but I go through yogurt phases. Either I eat it every day, or it disgusts me. It serves me right for buying yogurt when I was in no mood for it. Fortunately, I've got a few recipes that will use it up in no time, and it's not even noticeable that greek yogurt is an ingredient.

First up, a couple of tried and true savory options:
Beef Stroganoff.
Baked Ziti

Other ideas:
Use it to thicken/ creamy up a sauce (good in cheese sauce)
Add to mashed potatoes
Add to muffins/ cake
Substitute for "cream of" condensed soups
Throw some in a smoothie
Sub for mayo in (pasta, potato, tuna, chicken, egg) salads

But WAIT!
Cheesecake

We're done here.

No comments: