Monday, September 19, 2011

Currently eating...

There's nothing like a good meal.

The past few weeks have been takeout, Amy's, cereal, and random snacky meals.

I've been craving something substantial and hearty.
So last night I set up my crock pot with a frozen cornish game hen, some sad back-of-the-fridge celery, the last of some white wine and leftover chicken broth, a squeeze of lemon, a sprinkle of thyme, and some fresh oregano. ASH: I PUT IT BACK IN THE FRIDGE OVERNIGHT. haha

I set it on low when I left for work this morning, and came home to the smell of delicious chicken. And a frantic cat who must have been going berserk smelling chicken cooking all day.

Chopped some carrots and added them to a small pot on medium heat. Splashed in a little of the chicken broth from the crock pot, and after it started to boil I turned it to low and covered it. Meanwhile I took the meat off the bones and seasoned it with pepper. I squeezed a little honey over the carrots when they were tender, and enjoyed a simple meal of chicken and carrots.

I love putting chickens in the crock pot because you really can't go wrong. Just throw it in there, even frozen, with a little bit of seasonings and liquid. I usually let mine go for 10-11 hours so I add a little more liquid to keep it from drying out. Then, since it's just me, I have enough for leftovers the next day. I'm thinking chicken salad.

Currently enjoying a dessert of chai tea and cookies.

No comments: