Saturday, July 11, 2009

Peanut butter chocolate cookies

I originally was going to try those white chocolate chip chocolate cookies again, but I ran out of white chocolate chips. I did have some peanut butter chips, so I tried those. Fabulous cookies. I brought them to a housewarming party to share, or I would have eaten wayy too many.


gluten free peanut butter chocolate cookies
Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies

2 T. each crisco & dairy free butter
1/3 c. brown sugar
1 egg (or, 1 T. flax seed meal + 3 T. hot water)
1/2 t. vanilla
1/2 c. GF flour mix
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1/4 c. cocoa
1 1/2 c. peanut butter chips (or chocolate chips if you're feeling it)

Cream the crisco, butter, and sugar. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Mix the dry ingredients except for the peanut butter chips in a separate bowl, and stir them into the wet mixture. Stir in the peanut butter chips. Bake on a greased cookie sheet at 375 for 8-10 minutes.

Oh, YUM. These rich cookies have a great balance of peanut butter and chocolate. They're slightly crispy on the edges and soft in the middle.

NEXT time, I will make them with white chocolate chips.

Enjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

Amy Green said...

These look incredible - great photo. I don't eat peanut butter but these obviously have a great texture. I love when the outside is a little crunchy. :)

Dana aka Gluten Free In Cleveland said...

Yum! I am totally craving cookies now. What a cool cookie jar to boot!