Monday, February 2, 2009

hummus!

Rather than post another picture of just food, I decided to post a picture of someone enjoying food. Enter my sister. She was a good sport.

Hummus. Easy, fast, and delicious.

I packed mine up in a small container with some bagel chips for lunch. Mmm.

You need:

a can of chickpeas, drained
a shake of garlic powder
squirt of lemon juice (I used red wine vinegar)
small pour of extra virgin olive oil
*traditionally you're supposed to add tahini, a sesame seed paste, but I didn't have any and it still turned out yummy.

Whirl it all around in a food processor, adding a spoonful of water if it's too thick.

Spread it on crackers, GF pita, bagel chips, tortilla chips, or whatever you've got.

2 comments:

Maureen "Hold The Gluten" said...

Yum for Hummus!!! By the way, love your sister's hair :)

Lauren said...

Mmm, hummus sounds good =D!!