Wednesday, August 5, 2020

red beans and rice with sausage

We accidentally used up the green bell pepper that I had bought to use in this recipe. You know what was in the fridge? Half of a poblano pepper. Ooh, cuz. That kicks up red beans and rice real nice.


Red Beans and Rice
1/2 chopped onion
1/2 chopped poblano pepper
1 stalk of chopped celery
1/2 c. chopped fresh parsley
cayenne pepper
rubbed sage
salt and pepper
1 bay leaf
1 can of red beans
1 link of andouille sausage, sliced at an angle

Sautee the onion, pepper, and celery in a little bit of olive oil. When the veggies are soft and charred, add in the spices, herbs, and beans. Simmer on low heat while the rice cooks, about 15 minutes.

My pan got full and I like my sausage nice and charred, so I heated that in a separate pan and added them in at the end.

Yum.

No comments: