Saturday, March 3, 2018

Last week's meals, travel edition

Traveling can be hard when you gotta watch what you eat so you don't get violently ill. Here is a little bit from the travel chronicles...

This time, I left the house with a snack size baggie of Snyder's GF pretzels, single serve peanut butter, and a granola bar. (The small container in the picture contains multi-vitamins and fish oil capsules.)

When I land, I always head to the grocery store, especially if the hotel doesn't have a complimentary happy hour. (That hotel was booked full so I was forced to book another.)
This is what I got:


[wine, chocolate, yogurt, fruit, rx bars, and a bar* my brother recommended.]

[I try to grab something breakfast-friendly if I'm not familiar with my hotel's breakfast style... sometimes they have nothing but gluten, but sometimes there are (naturally) GF options]

Breakfast- The hotel had a few breakfast options: I had a hard boiled egg with some fruit and yogurt.


Snacks- An Rx bar, granola bar, or an apple from hotel breakfast

Lunch-

-Monday: Travel day. Snyder's GF pretzels + peanut butter at the gate. I don't get airsick, but the flight was really turbulent and it freaks me out. I generally feel more comfortable if I eat light before a flight.

-Tuesday: Cafeteria salad bar, fruit, and potato chips

-Wednesday: Cafeteria salad bar, fruit, and potato chips (yawn)

-Thursday: Guess what? Cafeteria salad bar, fruit, and potato chips. Literally the only gf options in the cafeteria but I've seen way worse!

-Friday: Travel day. My flight was super early so I ate an Rx bar on the shuttle to pick up my car after I landed.

Dinner-

-Monday: Whole Foods hot bar! After a day of traveling it felt so good to dig in to a hot, GF meal and people-watch. [rosemary chicken, broccoli, peas, and mashed sweet potatoes]


-Tuesday: I hesitantly agreed to go to a nearby Italian restaurant with some colleagues, but to my surprise they had GF pasta on the menu! No disclaimer or anything, and the waitress noted that most of the dishes could be made gf. I wanted something on the lighter side, so I opted for the salad of the day and shrimp cocktail.

-Wednesday: I'm getting less shy when asking about gluten free options at restaurants. Lucky 32 had a very knowledgeable staff when I asked. I enjoyed catfish with some 'greens and beans.' Plus half-priced wine.

-Thursday: Was feeling a little eh, probably from eating out so much. I opted to grab a lighter dinner: veggies from Whole Foods, with the fruit and yogurt I bought earlier in the week.

-Friday: Since my flight was early I was actually home for dinner. I was hella tired though, so I thew some frozen chicken nuggets, tator tots, and broccoli on a sheet pan and made myself a cocktail.

No comments: