Thursday, February 22, 2018

Travel meals, last week

Traveling can be so, so hard sometimes. Especially when you gotta watch what you eat so you don't get violently ill. So. Here is a little bit from the travel chronicles...

Breakfast- Hotel had a decent breakfast. I had a hard boiled egg, with some fruit and yogurt.

Lunch-
-Monday: Whole Foods hot bar: Rotisserie chicken, carrots, green beans, broccoli. I ate first, so I wouldn't buy the whole store out of hunger, then purchased a few items:
     Crunchmaster crackers
     Turkey breast lunchmeat
     Fresh fruit
     Yogurt
     Hummus + crackers snack
     Wine and chocolate


-Tuesday: McAlisters Spud Max for the win. Lunch was WAY later than anticipated, and I had a granola bar* in my bag to hold me over but I was STARVING. I originally intended to save half for dinner but I ate the whole thing. No regrets.
-Wednesday: The Lazy Dog in Plano has a gluten sensitive menu in the restaurant (but not online). Despite the disclaimer that nothing can be 100% gluten free, I enjoyed the chicken tortilla soup and wedge salad with no tummy issues.
-Thursday- No travel day is complete without freezing rain and delayed flights. At the gate I had an Rx bar* and apple from the hotel breakfast.

Dinner- Since lunches were eaten late in the afternoon, dinner was light; a few slices of turkey breast with crackers and fruit. Wine and chocolate for post-yoga dessert :o) (I did not consume all of it; I shared the chocolate with colleagues and hotel staff)

*I packed an RX bar and a French Meadow Bakery granola bar. (aka life savers)

No comments: