Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Roasted cabbage

So part of the New Year's tradition is to eat cabbage, as it's supposed to bring money in the new year. I'm not one to shun a superstition that might bring some extra cash flow.

So even though I'd never cooked cabbage before, I bought a head.

I've heard of roasting brussels sprouts before, and since cabbage is just a large brussels sprout, I figured roasting would be pretty good. I was right.

Roasted Cabbage.

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Remove the outer leaves from the cabbage. Slice into wedges and lay on a cookie sheet, careful not to disturb the layers.
Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes on each side.

The inside gets tender while the outside leaves get crispy. Mmm.

Serve with black eyed peas and, possibly, sauteed shrimp.

No comments: