Sunday, September 30, 2012

GF Oatmeal Squares

Found via Pinterest, these gluten free Oatmeal Squares from Gluten Free on a Shoestring are spot-on. Really delicious. Perfect for second breakfast. Make them.


I made a half-batch to try, but now I wish I had twice as many.

I modified the recipe a tad. The original version is here.

This is my version:

Oatmeal Squares

3 c. gluten free flour (1 c. each brown rice flour, sorghum flour, potato starch)
1/4  teaspoon xanthan gum
2 T. flaxseed meal
1/4 t. baking soda
1/4 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 c. gluten free oats
2/3 c. oil
2 eggs, beaten
2 t. vanilla
1/4 c. molasses

Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Line a a 13 x 9 pan with wax paper and set it aside.

Make the oat squares. In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients. In a smaller bowl, mix the wet ingredients. Mix the two together, making a stiff dough.

Press the dough into the pan. Remove the wax paper from the pan and, using a pizza cutter, cut into squares. Place the squares about 1 inch apart on a baking sheet. They will spread a little. Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until centers are set.

I chose not to use icing, as I thought they were sweet enough.

1 comment:

James said...

Hi,
Will you please post a link to your Blog at The Gluten-Free Community? Our members will appreciate it.
Members include: Those living Gluten-Free, Gluten-Free Experts, Advocates and Organizations.
It's easy to do, just cut and paste the link and it automatically links back to your website. You can also share Articles, News, Photos and Videos if you like.
Email me if you need any help or would like me to do it for you.
Please feel free to share as often and as much as you like.
The Gluten-Free Community: http://www.vorts.com/gluten_free/
I hope you consider sharing with us.
Thank you,
James Kaufman, Editor