Sunday, May 9, 2010

Quick Red Beans and Rice


First, let me apologize for the picture. My sister has my camera at the after-prom beach house, so I had my brother take a picture with his phone. I just hate to post without a picture so you get some idea of what it will look like. I assure you, it tastes better than it looks.

Disclaimers aside, this is some good shiz.

I had leftover canned red beans and some brown rice so of course the first thing that popped into my head is red beans and rice.

This recipe is more of a guideline.

3/4 can of red beans, not drained
GF andouille sausage, chopped into chunks
1 stalk of celery, chopped
1/4 c. onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 t. parsley
1/2 t. crushed bay leaves
cayenne pepper, salt, pepper to taste
1 t. oil

Heat the oil in a skillet, then cook the celery, onion and garlic for a few minutes to get them soft. Add the rest of the ingredients, and let it heat throughly. Serve over rice.

Quick & easy.

No comments: