Saturday, March 21, 2009

chocolate cupcakes

gluten free chocolate cupcakes
Please ignore the awful, hastily-taken picture. This recipe transforms beautifully into cupcakes. I found it somewhere on the internet, so if you came up with it, let me know so I can give credit!

Some things you should know:

When making the batter, it may seem as if the ingredients aren't mixing. Just keep the heat on low and keep stirring- they will come together.

I routinely give my cupcake liners a little spritz of cooking spray to keep the liner from sticking to the cake, but don't do that here or they will be greasy on the bottom.

The batter will be very runny. I use a ladle to fill the cupcakes.

Bake the cupcakes at 350 for 12-15 minutes. Test with a toothpick because the tops will still look wet when they are done.

This makes a very soft cake. Very yummy. Make sure they are cooled completely before frosting.

The recipe makes 2 dozen cupcakes, or 1 dozen if it is halved.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Mmm, those cupcakes look awesome!! I sure do love a good chocolate cake =D!