Tuesday, February 19, 2008

toasted gluten free bread!

I made croutons tonight, then they were so tasty I decided to try it on a larger scale.

I cut up some bread pretty thinly, coated each side with olive oil and sprinkled them with garlic powder and oregano. Stuck them on a cookie sheet at 375 and (I apologize) didn't time it, but checked them until the bottoms got brown, then flipped them over until they were all toasty. These are GOOD, nice and crunchy, and they taste just like those melba toast things that I used to love eating. They would be good with a dip or some cheese, but I plan to take them along with me to class or during the day for a quick snack.

Finally, a way to eat gluten free bread that doesn't disgust me! I'm still on the hunt for a decent sandwich bread...

No comments: