Tuesday, June 14, 2016

ode to a citrus juicer

Who knew this 50-cent garage sale find would become one of my top-used kitchen tools? Raise your hand if you hate biting into a seed or accidentally slurping one up through a straw. I can't be the only one, because these things exist!


Not that I juice citrus that much in everyday cooking. Since I bought it about a year ago, I use it several times a week, but it's mostly used for beverages; lemon water has become a common thing for me to carry around lately. Plus lime juice is essential for moscow mules and tacos and even on salads.

I love being able to get every last drop out of the fruit using the reamer. Why waste those bright sunny flavors?

The design fits over a measuring cup, but also fits perfectly over my everyday glasses, which  means I can juice directly into the cup I'm using and avoid dirtying another dish. You KNOW how much that makes my heart sing.

No fancy model needed. This aluminum version is great. Plus cleanup is a snap; juice, rinse, and repeat. I love my citrus juicer. I love even more that I got it for 50 cents.


Ode to a Citrus Juicer:

This 50 cent garage sale find is great!
No slurping seeds up, which I always hate.
Fresh lemon water carried with me now
and moscow mules for happy hour- pow!
And with this tool I get every last drop
of sunny flavor in my tall glass cup.
The handy shape fits over beverage rims.
You just don't want to stop.
This tool is handy and it peps me up.
Using this juicer fills me with the wins!

Ok, those last few lines were a stretch, but that's an ode for you.

No comments: