Saturday, November 16, 2013

Review: Kathleen's beans

Both my sister and coworker have mentioned that these gluten free Kathleen's beans are worth trying. Being a fan of beans myself, I gave them a try.

Easy to make, and about $1 each, they meet criteria for those days when I don't have leftovers for lunch. I stir in a little cooked brown rice to boost the hunger-busting power.

http://magifoods.com/kathleens/products-and-nutritionals

They've got good flavor and ingredients I can identify. Of course, if you're going to make the curried beans, be prepared for your microwave to smell like curry for months.

The only drawback to these yummy bowls is that even though I've cooked according to package directions, sometimes the beans don't get cooked all the way and the little dried bean chunks are chewier than they should be. Still edible, but distracting. I suggest adding a little more water than called for.

No comments: