Sunday, November 10, 2013

Quick & Easy- Spaghetti

I can't believe I've been blogging gluten free for 6 years and I haven't posted once about spaghetti.

It's the go-to meal when I don't know what to make. It feeds a crowd. It sticks to your ribs. It's cheap. It's quick. It's easy to keep the ingredients on hand.


The key to making the sauce extra-delicious is fresh basil. I've used various store-bought spaghetti sauces and basil always punches up the flavor and makes it taste better.

Seriously, if you don't have a basil plant right now, go buy a pot and some dirt and some basil seeds. It's super easy to grow. Just water it when it starts to droop. This simple addition really makes a difference.

So back to dinner.

Spaghetti:
  • Ground beef, sausage, chicken-- whatever you've got. Cook it in a pan. Drain the grease if there's a lot of it.
  • Stir in spaghetti sauce-- jar, can, whatever was on sale.
  • Fresh basil-- chop it up and add it to the sauce.
  • Noodles- cook your favorite gluten free noodles according to package directions-- my favorites are corn-based. They seem to hold up better as leftovers.
You're done and it's dinner time.

I generally serve with some kind of vegetable and, if I've got any, butter & garlic powder spread on a piece of gluten free bread. Noms.

No comments: