Sunday, July 22, 2012

Corn meal chicken nuggets

I've made a lot of chicken, and I've made a lot of chicken nuggets. So far, all nugget attempts have turned out so-so.

These nuggets were discovered on a random trip to my sister's place. I asked if she had any food, and she said she had some leftover chicken. Even cold from the fridge, this chicken is awesome. I was immediately hooked and I've made it about 5 times now.

It's ridiculously easy. The corn meal gives it a good flavor and a better texture than floured nuggets. Definitely a winner.

Corn meal chicken nuggets

1/4 c. corn meal
1 t. each salt and pepper
chicken breasts, cut into nugget-sized pieces
1 t. olive oil

Preheat a skillet to medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the corn meal, salt, and pepper. I find it easiest to put it in a tupperware container and shake it around.


Once the chicken is coated, add the oil to the pan and toss in the nuggets. Turn the heat down to medium. Cook on each side about 6 minutes, or until cooked through.

That's all it takes!


Best served with tator tots and ketchup. :o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This looks easier than what I've done; I'll have to give it a try.

Out of curiosity, have you tried tortilla breadcrumbs? Whenever I bread things to pan fry, I use that, almond meal and a bit of traditional egg-milk mixture.

Hence why it's more difficult, but I find it tastes awesome. If this tastes more awesome, however, I'm sure I'll be converted.