Thursday, October 6, 2011

slightly cooking: pizza bagels

I still have a bag of Udi's bagels in my freezer. I've tried using them up as much as I can, here and there. But I still had more!

Tonight I wanted to use up some tomatoes that have been sitting on the counter. The next logical step was pizza bagels.



And it's not really cooking, but at the end your belly's not hungry anymore and all you have to wash is a knife, a cutting board, and a plate. Dinner WIN.

Take a bagel. Toast it.

Top with sliced tomato. Cover up the hole so no toppings get lost.
Layer on fresh chopped basil and spinach leaves.
Sprinkle on pepper and oregano.
Sprinkle on shredded (or bits of) mozzarella cheese.

Broil for a few minutes-- watch it, because as soon as you walk away, they will burn.

Enjoy dinner.

1 comment:

Cate@GlutenLessDIning said...

Jacob this looks amazing even though its so simple! I think it brings me back to my college days when you'd just put together what's left in the pantry and call it a meal! And you're right dinner WIN when you don't have a sink full of dishes afterwards!